Working at Amazon opens doors to hundreds and thousands of buyers and sellers. Having an Amazon seller account and being a retailer in the e-commerce world is both overwhelming and exciting. You get to be your own boss, but at the same time aren’t completely alone. You have Amazon’s experience and help to help your business grow.
Though being online doesn’t save you from thieves and burglars. There will always be someone to either steal your idea or account. It isn’t the cliché window break-in burglary. In the online world, this is known as hacking.
This article sheds light on How to protect the Amazon seller account.
Keep your Amazon account secure
It isn’t going to look pretty if one day you wake up to find yourself locked out of your seller account, on which you spent your blood, sweat, and tears on. Being on Amazon is tough as it is, don’t make it harder by being careless. There will be no guards to keep watch.
Ways on how to protect Amazon seller account are,
- Start by choosing a strong password. Keep your accounts secure with a long and hard password. 1234 isn’t going to work any longer. Also, try to keep changing your passwords. Avoid using the same password for every entrance. If it comes in the wrong hands, it will create serious problems. Prevent yourself from using publicly accessible information as your password. A good password can be something very personal and close to heart. It will be harder to forget and hack into.
- Two-step verification is your safety net. It can improve layers of security. This makes your account safe from unauthorized access. The additional codes that are sent to your phone or email safeguard your account even if the password is compromised.
- Keep your email address and mobile number up to date. In case of any activity on your account, you will be notified about it via mail. This will alert you and you can take precautionary measures before it gets too late.
- If you happen to have more than one user of your Amazon seller account. A clever way to protect your Amazon seller account is, having each user set their own account and then link them amongst each other. This way you can also keep track of your sales and ensure things run smoothly.
- Another way on how to protect your Amazon seller account is to keep reviewing your notifications. This will keep you updated on the activities happening on your seller account in Seller Central. If you face doubts regarding any notification, you can take help from Amazon’s seller central. Try keeping an eye out any unusual activity in reviews or response to customers’ messages, also on shipments and order placement. Any fishy activity in sudden shipment changes or order cancellations raises red flags on the hacker situation.
Cyber hackers are always on the lookout to promote their fake goods and let your name go down the drain. The amount of Amazon accounts getting hacked is increasing day by day. Follow these simple steps to avoid any sort of mishap.